Massif is seeking a Logistics Assistant to assist Logistics and Supply Chain departments in moving of all Company trims, fabric, and garments to and from suppliers, garment manufacturing facilities, warehouse, and customers, and completing related administrative tasks in Company software system and internal electronic files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and expedites outbound shipments of fabric and trims, including counting and verifying fabric and trims inventory, creating pallets, and packing lists, gathering test reports and other required documentation, and creating shipping labels and documentation.
- Assists with all aspects of setting up of fabrics, trims, and garments to and from suppliers, manufacturing facilities, Company’s warehouses, customers, and as otherwise needed, to meet Company and customer needs and deadlines
- Records inventory transactions of fabrics and garments in Company’s software systems, including receipts, transfers, sales, invoices, and inventory adjustments and electronically files corresponding documentation.
- Prepares sales and internal packing lists, commercial invoices, and other shipping documentation as needed and electronically files corresponding documentation
- Reviews freight and parcel invoices for accuracy
- Researches and resolves proof-of-delivery discrepancies
- Research and problem solve any system discrepancies in a collaborative way with internal Supply Chain and Logistics Team. Engages with 3PL to assist with resolution when necessary.
- Assists with annual physical inventories as needed
- Creates and maintains production fabric and trims sample books and sends to manufacturing facilities as needed
- Follow’s Company’s import/export policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Performs all duties in accordance with Company’s Quality Management System
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines and to maintain accuracy under pressure
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and assignments
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, MRP/ERP systems, web searching)
- Associate’s degree, or equivalent education or experience
- At least two years of experience in an office environment
- Logistics and Supply Chain experience helpful
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described are those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is primarily a sedentary position, which requires frequent use of a computer monitor and keyboard. It requires occasional walking and lifting up to 25 pounds. It rarely requires standing, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crawling, stooping, crouching, or bending. It requires the ability to talk and hear. It requires color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors). There are no other special vision requirements.
This position is in an open work environment with moderate office noise.
This position occasionally requires driving a rental vehicle while traveling on Company business.
This position occasionally requires visits to manufacturing facilities, which may result in exposure to a variety of environments, conditions, and/or hazards which are not customarily part of the employee’s work environment, such as extreme temperatures, moving equipment, vapors, chemicals, and noises and vibrations.
This position is 100% of the time in the office.
OUR PASSION IS TO DESIGN AND CREATE ADVANCED TECHNICAL APPAREL THAT PROTECTS THE UNITED STATES MILITARY AND THOSE WORKING IN THE WORLD'S MOST CHALLENGING ENVIRONMENTS.
Massif® is an industry leader in making advanced fabrics and protective clothing for professionals who work in extreme environments, from the U.S. military to wildland firefighters and first responders. Our mission is to provide comfort and flame protection for people in the world's most dangerous jobs. We accomplish this mission with integrity and a commitment to superior customer service.
The Massif team is hardworking and energetic, focused on doing whatever it takes to get the job done. Our employees appreciate the outdoors and pride themselves on understanding the needs of our customers. Massif is dedicated to supporting its team members' passionate engagement in accomplishing the Massif mission by recognizing the need for work/life balance. Our team works hard and plays hard. We aspire to be contributing members of our local community and our customers' communities, such as the U.S. military. Located in the beautiful Southern Oregon resort town of Ashland, Massif offers a casual, open work environment with personal and professional growth opportunities.
Massif is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Massif does not accept unsolicited applications or resumes.
Massif uses E-Verify® in its hiring practices and supports the E-Verify® program.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to submit an application as instructed, you may request reasonable accommodations by contacting the Human Resources Department at 541-488-0801 or [email protected] .