Senior Technical Designer/Merchandiser:
We are seeking an apparel designer with extensive experience in men’s performance apparel to join our Design team for the Company’s military, industrial, and law enforcement markets. This individual will work with the Company’s Sales team and end users to identify and define product needs and/or opportunities in these markets. He or she must have a passion and talent for design, the ability to be an effective team member in a fast-paced environment, and the skills to present product concepts and designs effectively to key customers. He or she will participate in the entire design process from concept through design, fit, sample development, and factory certification, ensuring that garment designs meet or exceed customer needs and requirements. This position also entails coordinating with the Fabric Development team on fabric developments and working with the Product Development team to ensure successful commercialization of products.
This is a full-time position. Some travel required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years’ apparel design experience in men’s performance apparel, preferably in arena of high-tech fabrics and/or outdoor apparel
- Bachelor’s Degree is Design or comparable experience
- Extensive experience with advanced textile design and construction preferred
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with military apparel helpful but not required
- Experience in leading teams of designers preferred
- Ability to work well in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign